- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
Maize is located on the ground level of the Best Western Robert Treat Hotel. Besides having a laid back atmosphere and serving sumptuous dishes, Maize is decorated in such a way that it can handle any function. A legendary owner and a celebrated Chef ensure an irresistible unique Cuisine. Fresh herbs are produced by a model community-service project that tells the story of revival and hope.
Maize has been involved in a variety of community-related initiatives, including cooking and serving Thanksgiving meals to the homeless through the St. John’s Church Meal Program, participating in the Cherry Blossom Festival at Branch Brook Park, and hosting the Newark Hospitality Resource Panel’s first meeting. Maize has also received numerous accolades in the past year, including the 2001 USA Culinary Excellence Award from The American Tasting Institute.
Serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner, Maize has an elaborate tea menu and extensive wine list, and is open seven days a week. Maize, owned by New Jersey residents Fernando and his son Wilson DeSousa, has received a rating of “Very Good” from The New York Times and “Three Stars” from The Star-Ledger. Maize has been a filming location for the popular HBO series The Sopranos, and has been featured on NBC’s Weekend Today in New York .